TOP TEN reasons why reading Montaigne will make you a better husband.
Chapter 2 of Gospel Prism loosely refers to Montaigne’s Essays.
Posted in: Top Ten Lists
10) He was French, after all, so he has that going for him.
9) He is endlessly self-questioning and skeptical of his first instincts.
8) He was distrustful of passion as a guide to relationships.
7) He is a complete and natural human being.
6) He placed a premium on experience and self-examination.
5) “We must endure what we cannot avoid.”
4) He refuses to embrace tragedy or melodrama.
3) Modesty and wisdom were his higher values.
2) “The first thing in love is . . . knowing when to seize the moment.”
1) He knew not to wish for qualities he did not possess.